Wednesday, October 13, 2010

What the Hell Am I Doing Here

Subsequently a couple hours after the fall, I was later brought to get a CT scan of my brain, and for a second I looked up at the wall and saw two balloons, I then daydreamed that two women were fighting over the balloons all of the sudden I began to shake uncontrollably. It was like I had been electrocuted. I was aware and shaking but I could not stop it. I had not known it was a seizure until one of the nurses grabbed ahold of me and alarmed the doctor that I was having a seizure.

I was forced by my parents and doctors to lie in bed for days which I normally wasn’t used to. I utterly despised not being active. Fuck being sedentary. My summer was not dedicated to fun, but training. The entire summer I had been exercising two to three times a day in order to improve my Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu game. There was a television at the hospital and all I would watch was UFC Dvd’s. My friends would sometimes visit me. Their initial facial expressions said, “Damnnn,”or “Shit, I feel bad for you,” but the one I enjoyed the most was, “Shit Gabe, You look fucked up!” I enjoyed their company more than the depressing and worried faces of my family members. They all told me of what had happened but it wasn’t until later on that my mind was able enough to fit all the pieces together. They were the only ones who could make me feel “normal,” instead of being seen as “a patient, son, brother or cousin.”

No comments:

Post a Comment